Bellwood, Ill. - December 16, 2002 - With a ho, ho, ho, Sharpie, the world's most popular family of permanent markers, today announced that it is answering the call for a marker that can be used on dark surfaces - just in time for holiday arts and crafts. Introducing the Sharpie METALLIC marker in silver, the perfect accent to make the season even brighter. In addition to offering a signature bold silver line, the Sharpie Metallic marker eliminates many of the issues associated with most other metallic markers - such as difficulty controlling the amount of ink flow and the need for shaking and tip pressing before using a marker. The latest addition to the Sharpie family provides even ink flow, as well as permanent and fast-drying silver metallic ink with no mess and no preparation before use - simply uncap and go.
"It's the perfect time for silver", said Frank Bielec, designer for a popular, do-it-yourself decorating program on cable television, who also owns his own arts and crafts business. "These days, more and more people are looking for simple, cost effective ways to make gift giving more personal. The new Sharpie Metallic marker - with its bold silver metallic ink - provides an easy to use, distinct touch that can turn the most everyday holiday item into something special. As one of the most trusted names in arts and crafts, Sharpie markers can write on virtually any surface. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of crafters coming up with creative, unique ways to answer, 'How do you use your Sharpie?'"
Bielec says there are almost limitless uses for the new Sharpie Metallic marker - for holiday or year-round crafting. Try some of these holiday crafts using the new marker from Sharpie:
- The Write Stuff - Holiday Wrapping Paper and Gift Bags - Personalize dark-colored wrapping paper with a flourish of silver and a look unique to each gift you give.
- Endless Ornaments - Commemorate the season by adding life to traditional green, red, blue, gold or any old holiday ornaments.
- A Glass With Class - Snuggle up to a warm fireplace on a cold winter's night with a decorative champagne flute, coffee or tea mug.
- Picture This! - Write a note on holiday pictures and cards for the warmest of wishes.
- Handcrafted Holiday Cards - Transform ordinary cards into attractive, custom-made greetings.
- Capture The Moment - Put a permanent mark on those holiday memories by labeling videotapes with the help of the Sharpie Metallic marker.
- The possibilities are endless. Be creative with the Sharpie Metallic marker and the twelve other colors now offered, including Aqua, Berry, Turquoise, Lime, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow and Brown.
"We are pleased to bring loyal Sharpie customers yet another signature innovation," said Chris Heye, vice president and general manager for Sharpie. "We look forward to continuing the Sharpie brand's tradition of innovation and customer satisfaction as we introduce more bold, exciting new colors and products in the months and years ahead."
Initially available in silver fine point, the Sharpie Metallic marker is non-toxic as approved by the Arts & Crafts Materials Institute. The Sharpie Metallic marker is available where writing instruments and art products are sold, in 1-, 2- and 4-packs starting at a suggested retail price of $1.45.