(no artistic talent required)
UPGRADE YOUR HOME DÉCOR WITHOUT A DESIGN DEGREE
You don’t have to be an artist or interior decorator to create these fun SHARPIE- DECORATED DIY
PILLOWS that add bold pops of color and style to your bedroom, living area, or anywhere else you
like to hang and chill with friends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Plain white or light-colored throw pillows OR pillowcases
- 1 piece of cardboard, cut to fit
- STAINED BY SHARPIE Fabric
01 Place your pillow on a smooth tabletop surface. For pillowcases, insert a piece
of cut-to-fit cardboard in between to prevent ink bleed-through.
Grab your STAINED BY SHARPIE
Markers and just do you—creating bold, imaginative patterns that match your personal
style and the vibe of the room.
- BOLD STRIPES: Alternate thin lines with a thick middle stripe to create a classic pattern that
goes well with any decor. Repeat, adding white space between the color bands. Draw stripes
horizontally, vertically or diagonally from corner to corner as you like.
- V-PATTERN: With a ruler, draw a light pencil line down the middle of the pillow (can be easily
erased after). From this centerline, draw a thin, black downward “V” at a broad angle to each
side of the pillow. Repeat, spacing each “V” a half-inch apart.
- WATERCOLOR EFFECT: Achieve a cool watercolor look by slightly overlapping bands of bright
Sharpie colors so they blend into each other. Use darker blues and purples at the bottom, then
transition to lighter yellows, reds and oranges as you go up the pillow.
- STENCILS: Use letter stencils from any crafts store to write motivational quotes or song lyrics
you can draw inspiration from every day
- FREESTYLE ICONS: Freehand draw miniature birds, flowers, band or sports logos, or other
meaningful symbols in offset rows from top to bottom to create a pillow design totally your own.